I am sitting on my back patio just happy to be out of work and on my patio really. Summer evenings really are great. Had a nice dinner with C.T. last Thursday and saw him again on Saturday. I really am enjoying time we spend together. What can I say, it makes me smile, and while sometimes I find myself thinking that more would be nice, I feel like the pace we have going is good – seeing each other on weekends, and occasionally for dinner during the week.
It’s does feel like it is getting a little more complicated – not bad, but complicated – more like real life I guess. At times I feel like I might be having a hard time reading him. He raised the “commitment” conversation again (hmm just realized I never posted anything about the first conversation). The gist of it is he wanted me to know he is not ready for a full-on commitment and he wants to be upfront with that.
But here is the thing I can’t figure out. He says that but then he:
- Not only introduces me to the kids but we do things together pretty regularly (like weekly).
- Not only meets my parents but was the one to suggest it. (totally casual meeting not anything formal).
- Plans things with me for (sometimes) weeks away
- Sees me once or twice a week
- Calls when he says he is going to
- Pays for everything we do together
- My back patio and my front porch
- My bed – gosh how I love to languish in bed in the morning
- The long 4-day 4th of July weekend that is upcoming (I love my employer for giving us Friday AND Monday off)
- Having a Project Manager on the biggest project I have this year
- Marley dog