Maybe it is preparting to nest for the winter but I have had a huge urge to simplify things – the physical things in my space recently. What do I mean?
– I want ONE moisturizer, ONE eye cream and not a dozen little sample tubes crashing out of the medicine cabinet every time I open it.
– I’d like to have my sock drawer contain ONLY socks that I really wear (same for underwear and I am not even going to talk about the shoes.
– The lipstick I wore at my wedding TEN years ago (yeah I can most certainly throw that away).
– I want to finally get the 4 pairs of pants and single curtain panel hemmed. They have been lingering around un-hemmed for months. They are useless the way they are.
– That pile of clothes that are useless because they have been waiting months to go to the dry cleaner? Yeah need to take care of that too.
– I want to go back to paying cash for everything – I was so good at doing that for about a year and this summer I got away from it and I can feel the effects. It is too easy to spend it when you can’t see it. Cash only for the rest of the year.
– My car – yeah that NEEDS to get cleaned. There is enough dog hair there to make an entirely new dog.
– Oh and lastly – that crappy old storage cabinet in the bathroom that is not actually storing anything (other than dust) – gotta go.
Now I just have to GET TO IT. My goal is to do all of this BEFORE I put the Christmas Tree up the first weekend in December.