When you get a better title and more pay at work you assume it is a promotion right? Then why do I feel like I have been demoted in some regards.
First a few positive facts:
- I really like working for my boss
- I actually enjoy my job for the most part
- I work with good people
- The benefits are amazing
- I have almost the easiest commute possible
- I know I have a good thing going
Now the rest of the story:
- I got a promotion a few months back for which I am very grateful.
- But yet, now somehow the junior project manager has one of the most visible projects in our department and I feel like I am being tasked out of the project.
- I have no problem with this except that I feel like if something is to go wrong I will, somehow be accountable
- Plus, it doesn’t align with the “strategy” that I keep being told about – which is to have me manage enterprise-wide projects – this IS an enterprise-wide projects.
Now the even bigger picture:
- I think I am having a mini-identity crisis over who I am in general, getting older, etc. and maybe (just maybe) it is manifesting itself in this.